TUSITIRI DHOW: UNRIVALLED PRIVACY AND SECLUSION
Tusitiri Dhow is a luxury dhow based in Lamu, Kenya that offers exclusive use safaris for a minimum of 6 adults and a maximum of 10 adults to sleep onboard. The season kicks off again from 1st August 2022 and runs through to 1st May 2023.Check Availability
1. Where is the nearest airstrip to Tusitri and who will collect me?
The nearest airstrip is Manda Airport and guests can fly either by scheduled flights or private charter. We will be there to collect our guests from the airstrip and transfer them to Tusitiri using our speedboat which takes roughly 5-10 minutes.
2. What does a typical day look like on Tusitri Dhow?
There is no ‘typical’ day as the day depends on what you want to do and when but to give you an idea it could involve a morning snorkel or deep-sea fishing trip before breakfast on board. Before lunch, go for a calm sail through the smooth waters of the mangrove channels around the archipelago. Afternoons could be spent walking on Manda beach, swimming or paddle boarding in the creek by the dhow or waterskiing and wake boarding. After a busy day, use our open air shower to freshen up and get ready in our below deck Mirror Room before eating dinner al-fresco by candlelight.
3. What will I be eating during my stay?
All meals are freshly prepared in our open air kitchen and include local, fresh produce including fruits, seafood and salads. All dietary requirements can be catered for and we must be informed of this with enough notice to prepare accordingly.
4.Where will I be sleeping?
Our guests sleep on luxurious linen bedrolls that are prepared on deck after dinner by the Tusitiri crew. You will have a view of the African night sky and a warm sea breeze as you are gently rocked to sleep.
• Exclusive use of Tusitiri Dhow
• Full board accommodation
• SUP boarding
• Water-sports – wake-boarding, water-skiing and donutting for the young or young at heart!
• House and premium wines and spirits, beers and soft drinks
• Local boat transfers
• Wi-Fi onboard (where signal is available)
• Laundry (limited)
• 2 hours per day on our speed boats (21ft 50hp and 23ft 85hp)
• 1 hour per day on the Express (31ft 400hp deep sea fishing boat), which can be accumulated.
For more information, please contact us.Contact Us
More about holidays in Kenya