You may have heard the old myth that Southern Africa is best only from June – October. Our insider tip…come in March or April!
Zambia’s “Secret Season” offers you a chance to feel fully alive; the birth of babies, the rejuvenation of the landscape and the peace of running water, where only weeks ago there was none. We always like to say there isn’t a ‘best’ time of year for a safari, only different seasons. It’s the perfect time of year to exchange the icy winter weather of the Northern Hemisphere for Africa’s warm and luxurious green plains. Read below for a special promotion for 2020.
SOUTH LUANGWA + LIUWA PLAIN, ZAMBIA
The landscape comes alive with a thousand shades of green.
The South Luangwa and Liuwa Plain in Zambia are ideal for exploring in the “Secret Season”. During this time of year, the Luangwa River flows at its highest and Liuwa Plain transforms into a giant floodplain reminiscent of the Okavango Delta.
Some quick highlights:
- TIME + TIDE Rivers & Rainbows = 2 nights FREE
- Secret season = November – May
- Superb photographic opportunities
- Fantastic predator action
- The PRIME season for Liuwa Plain
- King Lewanika (Liuwa Plain) – canoeing, walking, driving, swimming!
- Kakuli (South Luangwa) – boating and walking (late Jan – early April only)
- Chinzombo (South Luangwa) – driving, some walking and some boating (water level dependent)
“Zambia’s green season is like pure magic, I was immersed in the solitude and felt connected to nature. The wildlife peacefully grazed on new shoots as we photographed the herd from our boat.”