Entry to Kenya
Travellers arriving from the UK are exempt from the Government of Kenya’s 14-day quarantine requirement, but must still have a negative COVID-19 test taken within 96 hours of flying.
COVID-19 TESTING NOW AVAILABLE ON LEWA
The Lewa clinic will now be offering COVID-19 testing. This will allow guests to have a COVID-19 test (if needed to leave Kenya with) whilst still on safari.
- Collected samples will be submitted to Lancet Pathologists Kenya, the selected testing facility on the same day of collection.
- Results of COVID-19 tests are expected within 72 hours of sample dispatch; efforts will however be made to ensure that results are available within 48 hours (2 days)
- Test results shall be made available in both soft and hardcopy
- For purposes of due diligence, guests may be required to fill in and sign a consent form allowing our healthcare personnel to collect samples for voluntary COVID-19 testing
- Price: $90 per test
COVID-19 KENYA DEPARTURE REQUIREMENTS
- The PCR Certificate is only required of departing passengers whose destination country or airline require it. All other departing passengers do not need to present this certificate to leave Kenya but will be subjective to normal checks – e.g. screening.
- The Trusted Traveller Code is also not required of passengers inbound to Kenya. Incoming visitors will simply present their PCR negative certificates issued within 96 hours of departure from the country of origin. The direct transit time to Kenya is not counted as part of the 96 hours.
- More information can be found on the KCAA Clarification on TT Code.