On the first of September this year the Earth, Moon and Sun are aligning in the Quirimbas Archipelago for a spectacular and rare annular solar eclipse. This will be a special event in that the moon doesn't completely cover the sun and a ring of fire will be observed around the shadow.
It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity for a select few guests to experience. We have only 12 spaces remaining on our Eclipse Safari which runs from 29th August to the 03rd September 2016!
The five night package includes 2 nights at Ibo Island Lodge and 3 nights fly camping. You will observe the eclipse from a remote island beach camp in style.
The safari portion will be run with a beautiful 12 meter dhow built to Arab designs with Mozambican skipper, crew and chef on board to whip up those seafood extravaganzas around the camp fire! You don’t sleep on board - instead mobile camps are set up on various tropical islands and special spot. You should be sailing in calm, clear and turquoise water with local white traditional dhow sails to break up the endless view on the horizon. Then experience the best view of the eclipse in the Quirimbas from some of the most remote and beautiful corners of our world.
2 nights Ibo Island Lodge, 3 nights Mobile Island Hopping Dhow Safari
Highlights of the trip includes all of the following:
- Meet and greet in Pemba and light air transfer to Ibo Island
- 3 nights pristine island hopping by traditional dhow (motorized) - exploring and overnight island, mainland, beach and river camps.
- Experienced English and Portuguese speaking crew
- NON participation mobile camp. (crew assembles the camp and handles all camp duties allowing you to relax and enjoy)
- All camping and catering equipment included for island camps
- All meals as per stated in the itinerary
- 2 nights at magical Ibo Island Lodge on full board basis (excluding drinks)
- Guided tour of Ibo Island
- Light aircraft transfer from Quirimba Island to Pemba
Rates are dependent on group size. Enquire now as the remaining seats are selling fast!